If you are bored with rafting or just want to try something awesome, come and learn whitewater kayaking with us.
Romania is a good place to learn whitewater kayaking and the whitewater community is growing from year to year.
Allmost anybody ca learn whitewater kayaking with the help of a professional instructor.
Why to participate on our courses?
- You will learn step by step in a fun and friendly atmoshphere
- Following the instructions of our teacher you will learn a lot faster
- You will be safe, our instructor will be helped by experienced kayakers who are certified whitewater rescue technicians
- If you try to learn alone or from others it might happen that you will develop bad habits, which can be corrected very hard later
- We are pioneers in organizing whitewater kayak courses in Romania. We organized first 5 day long courses, and we started first organizing courses on Buzau, Basca, Mures and Jiu rivers.
- We have very good knowledge on Romanian rivers, we paddled on more than 20 romanian whitewaters
- You will be using professional equipment, Dagger and Exo kayaks, Palm and Artistic accessories
- After finishing our course you can join us on our kayak trips
- At the and of the course the evolution of every participant will be analyzed by the instructor and they will get usefull tips and advices what to exercise in the future
- Every participant will have significant discount on products bougth from our site www.caiac-shop.ro
Our instructor: Kis Gábor Bonifác
After long years of flatwater competiton kayaking, in 1992 he switched to whitewater. He is founding member of the Hungarian Whitewater Association. He is Hungarian freestyle champion and he participated at 2 freestyle world championships (2001, 2002). He was Member of several first descent expeditions on ww5 rivers. Certified whitewater kayak instructor and rafting guide since 1995. In every season he works as rafting guide and kayak instructor not only in Romania, but in Slovenia on Soca river as well.
Our courses are classified in 4 categories from beginners to advanced. Level I beginners, level II beginners, medium, level III-IV advanced.
Minimum number of participants on a course is 5 and maximum 10.
Description, timing and price for our courses will be available on our site soon.
Participants on a course will have significant discount if they buy equipment on our site: www.caiac-shop.ro
For those who are complete beginners and want to learn a lot!
Length: 4 days
Date and location: 24-27th of May 2018, beginners course -Jiu river
Teaching language: english
- 190 euro/pers/4 days course, equipment included (kayak, paddle, pfd, helmet, neoprenes, sparydeck, shoes included)
- 170 euro/pers/4 days course, with your own equipment (if you are short of something we can complete your gear)
Lodging: in local pension or tent
Programme beginners course, level I:
- Right adjusting of the kayak
- How to sit in the kayak
- Correct paddle grabbing
- Leaning the kayak, edging
- Paddleing techniques
- Recognizing the eddy line
- Bases of eddy in and out
- Eddy in and out using low brace
- Edgeing, bracesInclinarea continua a caiacului si sprijinire pe padelă
- Using the throw bag
- Tucking on rocks in the current
- Eddy in and out ….
- Rescue tehnics, safety equipment, group organizing
- Eskimo roll